Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gotta start somewhere...Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout


I currently work in a busy University hang out with a fairly adventurous beer list. Working here has opened my eyes into the possibilities of what beer is and can be. I have since began my search for other beers available in my region, and the few beers brewed here in Edmonton.

But today I have decided to start this online rant with one of my regular after shift drinks:
Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

This particular beer is brewed in Oregon, USA. It pours velvety and viscous, with a deep coffee like color. The head settles to the top extremely thick, with tan-mocha colors.
This beer looks serious.
Its smells of lightly burnt coffee and dark chocolate. It really paints a picture of perfectly roasted dark malts.
The taste is rich, and coats your entire mouth. It has a slight bitterness, but nothing off putting. The coffee and chocolate flavors really shine through with a rich creamy texture brought to you by the the rolled oats. And there is a nice vanilla accent which adds to the sweetness of the brew. The hops are present adding the bitter, and rounding out the overall flavor of the beer.

Overall, I think this beer is something Rogue should be proud of. The roundness of this beer is enjoyable and extremely filling. It pours beautifully, looks super sexy, and is very satisfying to say the least.

I really enjoy all of the Rogue Brewery products that I have tasted so far, and I look forward writing about them. Stay tuned for more Rogue love.

2 comments:

  1. I LOL'd at "this beer looks serious".

    Nice one Brayden. I put a link to your blog up on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, if you want to allow comments by non-blogger members (good idea) you have to mess with your blog settings. I didn't do that for weeks and got zero comments.

    ReplyDelete